I wanted to make pork fried rice, but I didn't know how to do the BBQ pork. I searched around for recipes, but I was missing 1 thing from each recipe. So, I just kinda combined them, it tasted pretty good.
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine
1/3 cup honey
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Mix all together in a small saucepan, then bring to a boil. Let simmer until sauce thickens slightly (about 5-10 mins). If you want your sauce even thicker, combine about a teaspoon of cornstarch with a teaspoon of soy sauce and add to simmering sauce, mixing well.
The consistency should be thinner than ketchup.
I use this to marinade pork or chicken. You can cube the meat and cook it in a stir fry, or throw it on the grill (my favourite). If you barbeque it, brush a little more on just as it's finishing up cooking.
If you want to have that red look like you get with Chinese take-out, add some red food colouring.
Chinese BBQ
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment